Army National Guard Enlisted Soldier
If you are an enlisted Soldier in the Army National Guard you qualify for the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) and may be able to complete for the Dedicated Army National Guard Scholarship (2 ½ or 3 Years) or the two-year Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarship.
National Guard Soldiers may also request the non-scholarship option. Both scholarships pay either 100% tuition or room and board (worth approximately $3400 per semester) and $1200 per year for books ($600 per semester).
Upon graduation and commissioning National Guard Soldiers will assess into the Army National Guard as Second Lieutenants.
National Guard Soldiers can begin the application process by completing the Prospect Questionnaire and providing the following documents to the Recruiting Operations Officer:
- DD 2807-1- Report of Medical History (Within 2 years)
- DD 2808- Report of Medical Examination (Within 2 years)
- SGLV 8286- Serviceman’s Group Life Insurance
- DD Form 4- Enlistment/Re-Enlistment Form
- DD Form 93- Record of Emergency Data
- DD Form 214- Certificate of Discharge From Active Duty
- SF 1199A- Direct Deposit Form
- W-4- Tax Withholding Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Letter of Recommendation from the first officer in your chain of command