Skip to main content

Army Reserve Enlisted Soldier

If you are an enlisted Soldier in the US Army Reserves and you’re interested in participating in ROTC, contact the Recruiting Operations Officer to set-up an interview. Army Reserve Soldiers have two options in ROTC; they can compete for a two year Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) scholarship or request a non-scholarship option. Army Reserve Cadets are also required to participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) once contracted with ROTC. Cadets in the SMP receive the following perks:

  1. E-5 Drill pay
  2. Non-Deployable Status
  3. Drill as a Cadet in your unit, shadow current platoon leaders

Cadets who earn a GRFD scholarship can use their scholarship for either 100% of their tuition or for Room & Board (worth approximately $3400 per semester). The scholarship also pay $1200 per year for books ($600 per semester). Upon graduation and commissioning GRFD Cadets will serve in the Army Reserve.

Cadets who pursue the non-scholarship option are able to compete for active duty between their MS 3 and MS 4 year.

Army Reserve Soldiers may begin the application process by completing this webform to schedule a meeting with the Recruiting Operations Officer.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/